Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Goin' Out Duds

Salam 3alaikum ya banaat,

This is what I wore on a trip to Barnes & Noble which is the highlight of my social calendar lately.

My bling-y shoes. Totally from the kid's section at target :-D Alhamdulillah for little feet!!!


This is the design on the sleeves of one of my favorite 3abayah. It looks a bit silvery in the picture but it is a muted gold color and the little stones are a yellowy-gold.

I usually wear this with a soft black chiffon shayla or a buttery yellow scarf. This is by far the fanciest 3abaya that I have, and only one of two that have embroidery. Usually I go for a nice plain black. I had a couple colored ones, but they had to stay back home when I moved with my husband due to airplane weight limits :-/ Anyway, I only wore the colored ones when I would be somewhere with my extended family since I didn't want to overwhelm them when I only see them a couple times a year.

2 comments:

  1. Mashallah, what a beautiful abaya! I love going to the bookstore, hope you had a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you melissa, alhamdulillah it is one of my favorites for sure.

      i allllways have fun at the bookstore :-P

      Delete