Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fasting

Today my husband and I fasted for the first time together. I took this time to sort of freshen up on some rules and regulations of fasting when you're married.

#1 All of the normal fasting rules apply.

#2 A Wife should have her husband's permission to do voluntary fasts outside of Ramadhan as long as he is present. I decided that inshaAllah if I want to fast, I will just ask him to do it with me. If he doesn't feel like he is able to fast then inshaAllah I will wait for another day.

#3 No funny  business if you know what I mean. You can kiss and hug, but not if it will lead to more.

#4 A Wife should not spend all of her time preparing fatoor. I think this is less of an issue when doing voluntary fasting than when fasting in Ramadhan, but it is a good reminder.

Alhamdulillah it is winter so the day was quite short. We broke fast with dates and water/ milk. Then we had salad, soup, roasted veges and grilled steak and chicken for fatoor. MashaAllah my husband grilled for me :-D

Any other advice or reminders for fasting while married??

No comments:

Post a Comment