Monday, February 20, 2012

First Things First

When I was a kid, my parents expected us kids to clean our plates during meal time and I ended up creating a process to help myself do that.

The first thing I eat from a plate of food is the thing I want the least. I eat all of it. Then I go in order down until I get to the thing I like the best and I always finish my meal with a bite of the thing I like the most. If there are two things I like the most, then I alternate between those two until it's all gone.

I still keep this practice up to this day, though I don't always realize I'm doing it. It has even spread to the way I eat candies and desserts...

I really started noticing it once I got married because my husband and I generally eat from a shared plate of food. However, he eats the stuff that he likes first, and it is usually the same as the stuff that I like, so he ends up eating all the good stuff before I get there lol.

I don't think this is something I do obsessively, but I do find it comforting and it is the habit that I almost always fall into.

Do you have any odd habits that surfaced after marriage?

2 comments: